Give a few hours & gain some wonderful memories in return …
If you love animals and people and you have some time to volunteer, we have a programs that may be a great fit for you. Haku Baldwin Center relies on volunteer assistance to provide our programs to the community year round. Our services are provided at no cost to children & adults with special needs and military veterans.
TO APPLY: review the programs listed below, download the application form(s) and submit by email or regular mail. Use our Contact Page to reach us with any questions.
Minimum age to volunteer is 16 years old.
Therapeutic Riding Program (TRP):
- Monday and Tuesday from 1:45 – 4:45 p.m., at our Makawao facility.
- Provides therapeutic horseback riding sessions to children with special needs, aged 4 thru 17.
- Side-walkers: walk next to the child on horseback during therapeutic sessions. No horse experience is necessary. Volunteers also help to set up and break down the indoor obstacle course each day.
- Horse leaders: a horse leader test is required and a minimum of 3 years experience with horses is preferred.
- Quarterly volunteer training and appreciation days are held at our center.
- All training is provided.
- DOWNLOAD: TRP Volunteer Application Form
Horsemanship for Veterans:
- Volunteer positions in this program are open to experienced volunteers only. If you are a current HBC volunteer, please contact your Program Director for more information.
HBC holds different events throughout the year that rely on volunteer assistance.
- Maui Special Rodeo – (2019 date TBD). Provides a no-cost rodeo experience for children with special needs, in a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Use our Contact Page for questions about volunteering.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Haku Baldwin Center. We appreciate your time and send you our warmest aloha …